Friday, October 26, 2012

10/27/2012

"I learned something new today"..."You learn something new every day"... those are two phrases we hear quite often. Usually by a parent, grandparent, old aunt while they're swinging their tight cliched fist across their body. We might not be aware of it, but it's true. Rather it be that we learned how something worked electronically, or we learned a life lesson. Every day we learn something new, whether we realize it or not. When I think of this, it reminds me of the Rod Stewart song, "I wish that I knew what I know now... when I was younger.." Yep. That's a lot of days of learning new things. If only we realized every day what we learned? I'm sure if you think long and hard you might be able to think of a couple from today. But what about yesterday? The day before? Last Tuesday? If we really take a moment to sit back and think twice about what we learned today, maybe it would sink it even more! Well that's what I've challenged myself to do. For one whole year I'm going to blog about what I learned new each day. I'll be starting tomorrow fresh. I know, what a random day to start a year challenge, October 27, 2012. I'm ready though.. there's no right time. I'm not waiting for the first of the month, or the first of the year... now's the time.

I don't expect a lot of people to actually read this.. so it's more for myself to take a moment and write, and reflect on my day/life. It's also better than me coming home from work and wasting my time stalking people I haven't seen in 10 years on Facebook. It should be pretty healthy.. I currently work until 11 p.m. most nights, so some of my posts won't be until I get home, and might run into the next day.. I'm still considering it from that past day.. which is perfect.. because it's truly the very end of my day. Well, going to bed.. tomorrow's my first day of learning something new again.

No comments:

Post a Comment